VISIT THE PARK
The park of the château de Craon covers 47 hectares: “115 acres”. You can walk along the 6 km of paths lined with century-old trees and more than 150 plant species. You may come across horses, goats, cows, chickens, geese, swans, ducks and sometimes even deer, hares, badgers, squirrels and many species of birds.
The park is open from 1 April to 1 November from 1pm to 7pm. Closed on Saturdays.
Visit from 30 minutes to 2 hours. Paper guide provided at the park entrance.
The entrance ticket for the park includes a paper guide with a detailed map of the park and access to the treasure hunt for children.
- Normal rate for adults over 18: €5
- Reduced rate for under 18s, students and large families: €3.5.
- Free for children under 6 years old.
Book your visit here
VISIT THE CASTLE
A fun visit for the whole family!
From July 1st to August 31st, the castle of Craon opens its doors. With the guide, you will discover the interior of the castle and the chapel as well as the history of its inhabitants. Children will have the pleasure of wandering around the castle with the help of their "visit the castle and have fun" game booklet.
Guided tour of the castle from 1 July to 31 August, at 2.30 pm, 4 pm and 5.30 pm. Closed on Saturdays.
Meet on the castle steps to buy tickets from the guide.
A booklet entitled "Visit the Castle of Craon and have fun" is offered to each child aged 6 to 12.
The entrance ticket entitles the holder to a guided tour of the castle as well as a free visit of the 47-hectare park with the help of a paper guide with a detailed map of the park and access to the treasure hunt for children.
- Rate for adults over 18: 10€.
- Reduced rate for under 18s, students, large families, disabled persons: 8€
- Free for children under 6 years old
- Group rate from 15 people
Book your visit here
VISITS FOR GROUPS AND SCHOOLS
ORGANISE A GREAT OUTING TO THE CHÂTEAU DE CRAON
- One or more activities, you choose according to the time you wish to spend on site.
- Picnic allowed in the park and sheltered on request.
- Free of charge for accompanying adults of groups of children.
- Treasure hunt in the park.
- To go further and extend the visit: Free pdf game booklet "visit the castle of Craon and have fun".
- Free parking, possibility of parking the coach in the castle grounds.
- Guided tour of the park by coach on request.
- To prepare your visit :
- Contact us by telephone: 02 43 06 11 02 or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about Craon Castle and its era and to prepare for your visit, please visit our "History" page
Map of the park
1 The Castle
2 The French garden
3 The bakery
4 The ice house
5 The wash house and laundry
6 The most beautiful oak tree in the park
7 The small garden
8 The two bridges over the river “Oudon”
9 The swan pond
10 The vegetable garden
11 The greenhouses and orangery of the kitchen garden
12 The former stables
13 Watering place of the spawning ground
14 The forestry
CHATEAU DE CRAON - 53400 CRAON
PHONE: +33 (0)2 43 06 11 02
- Access : The castle is located on the edge of Craon, on the road to Laval on the Laval-Nantes-Saint Nazaire axis (D771).
- In Craon, follow the signs "Château XVIIIe".
- Free parking at the entrance to the park for visitors.
- Parking inside the park for the occupants of the guest rooms (come up to the castle and park on the side of the castle)
- Ticket office at the park entrance.
- Restaurant located opposite the castle entrance gate "la crêperie du château" accessible by walk from the castle